It All Began in 1910...
Hebron Savings Bank began business in 1910 in a room, which was also used to store salt. One hundred pound bags of salt, used for hog killing, were stored in the room. Lots of times, the salt would spill out from the sacks particularly during damp weather as the sacks burst from the moisture. So, it is only natural that its origin provides such quips as “the Bank’s been salting it away ever since.”
The Bank was organized by the late George C. (Boss) Bounds of Hebron and A. W. Sisk of Preston to serve the financial needs of the business and farming community in the Hebron area.
The Bank has grown tremendously from its initial investment of $25,000 in 1910. We have survived the Great Depression, two world wars, banking de-regulation, Y2K, the Great Recession, and increased competition from both bank and nonbank competitors, such as brokers and credit unions.
Our market area has expanded to include small to mid-size businesses, farmers, and individuals in the Wicomico, Dorchester, and Somerset Counties in Maryland and lower Sussex County in Delaware.
We hope that our business will continue to prosper by holding on to those elements that have served us so well over the last one hundred years – personal customer service and attention to detail. We will also continue to add new branches and new technology as needed to provide our customers with even greater convenience.
"Out of the 14 community banks on the Delmarva Peninsula, Hebron Savings Bank is the third largest in assets, loans, deposits and number of branches. For several years, we have held the highest amount of customer deposits of any bank, large or small, in our three-county area, which includes Wicomico, Dorchester, and Somerset Counties.